The award-winning LifeStraw® personal water filter can travel with you anywhere. Weighing just 2 ounces and only 9 inches long, LifeStraw® is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergency preparedness. The straw-style filter design lets you turn up to 1,000 liters of contaminated water into safe drinking water, filtering out protozoa and bacteria.
How LifeStraw® works
LifeStraw® personal uses advanced hollow fiber technology. This highly efficient method of filtration requires no chemicals.
How to use your LifeStraw® filter
Simply place one end of the LifeStraw® tube into unfiltered water (a water bottle, river, or even a puddle) and suck clean water through the top of the straw. Follow the instructions provided for your first use.
Award-winning LifeStraw® technology was originally introduced in 2005 as an emergency response tool to filter water often contaminated following natural disasters. Today, LifeStraw® is used in water filtration products around the world.
SPECIFICATIONS & BENEFITS:
- Lets you drink directly from streams and lakes or from a bottle
- Uses advanced hollow fiber membrane technology to filter up to 264 gallons or 1,000 liters of water to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, including E. coli and salmonella
- Removes 99.9% waterborne protozoa, including Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- No aftertaste: LifeStraw® doesn’t use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals and is BPA-free
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards
- Ultralight: weighs only 2 ounces or 57 grams
- Portable: only 9” (22.5 cm) long and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter
- Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
- BPA free and contains no chemicals
- Raw materials meet US Food and Drug Administration regulations and standards